Get a Call today Call Us

Are you looking for Brakes for your vehicle?

Regardless of your driving style and the mileage, the brakes should be checked at regular intervals. This ensures that they always work reliably, especially in emergencies. That's why the brake check is standard in every workshop. A brake check makes it possible to check the current condition of the brakes, detect possible wear and safety deficiencies.

Book your car in for a brake check at Premier Tyre And Autocare in Lathom, Skelmersdale.

When are the brakes on my car due to change?

The wear of the brakes depends on your driving style, the type of transmission, the weight of the vehicle, the vehicle use and other factors. For your own safety, it is advisable to have the brakes inspected regularly and, above all, before longer journeys such as a holiday trip. Brake pads and discs have minimum thicknesses specified by the car manufacturers. If these are reached or fallen short of, the exchange is due. Many vehicles already have electronic wear indicators for brakes installed. They indicate when the brakes on the front or rear are worn so far that change is necessary. In some vehicle models, an unusual noise or jerking of the steering wheel during braking indicates that the pads are worn out. However, if you are unsure and want to play it safe, you can always come over to our Premier Tyre And Autocare workshop, and we will check your vehicle's brakes for you.

Recognize worn brakes in good time

The wearing of brake pads, discs or callipers in the vehicle is a completely normal process. But because no component of the car is as relevant to active safety as the brake, it is important for every driver to recognise wear early. Those who correctly interpret appropriate signs can save lives. Essentially, there are three recurring damage patterns that call for worn brakes. The most common signs of worn brakes are:

Grinding brakes

Vibrating brakes

Low level of brake fluid

Grinding brakes

Often defective brakes express themselves front or rear by loud grinding noises on the wheels. These grinding noises are caused by the brake pad holders, which come into contact with the brake disc. If these sounds do not disappear even after repeated braking, the expert in the workshop should check the brakes. In addition, such a damage pattern is often associated with significant loss of brake fluid, which underlines the urgency of a repair.

Vibrating brakes

Another phenomenon that appears with worn brakes is the so-called brake vibrating. This is a rhythmic and clearly audible vibration of the foot pedal during braking. At the same time, the steering of the car is pulsating. Irrespective of the damage caused by brake vibrating, the brake fluid's fill volume must be checked and, if necessary, corrected after a repair.

Low level of brake fluid

Under no circumstances should the car driver take a permanently low level of brake fluid lightly. This problem is often due to a leak or excessive wear of the pads and discs. The problem is that a leak can be hidden on virtually every component, from the pipe to the connections and the expansion tank. In such cases, our experts at Premier Tyre And Autocare workshop know every procedure to detect and seal any leak.

Different brake change

The brakes in general parlance mean the brake system. However, when talking about changing brakes, many people understand something different. The braking system, or the brake system, is used to control and reduce the speed. The braking effect is achieved by the friction of the brake pad on the brake disc or drum. A brake consists of many individual parts, which in turn depend on the type of brake. This is also reflected when changing the brake pads. Drum brakes are used today only in small cars. Although drum brakes are not as effective as disc brakes, they have other advantages and are less maintenance-intensive.

If so, cars have always installed drum brakes on the rear axle. The brakes on the front axle provide about 70 percent of the braking power and the rear brakes the remaining 30 percent.

You do not necessarily have to change the front and rear brakes at the same time

Brake discs and brake pads are wearing parts. For brake services, it must always be remembered that a change of parts is always carried out for complete axles. However, it is not automatically necessary to always renew all four wheel brakes of a vehicle at the same time.

We recommend a thorough brake check twice a year.

If you are experiencing any changes in your car's braking behaviour, any unusual noises or you can see a sign on your car's dashboard, please get in touch with us immediately. We will examine the brake system and change what needs changing. Any parts needed will be of the highest quality.

Stay safe and save money with Premier Tyre And Autocare!